Ask a Librarian
Whether you need help finding a meeting room or downloading an e-book, our librarians are here to help you.
Get one-on-one personal assistance with My Librarian, a free 60-minute in-person session with a librarian at any of our 19 branches.
Complete our form to request a My Librarian appointment. A valid library card is recommended.
- A librarian will contact you within three days to set up an appointment.
- You may be contacted by phone or email for more information prior to setting up an appointment and to determine whether an appointment is the best option for you.
- Note: My Librarian is not a research or a tutoring service. It is a service designed to guide you and help you get started with library resources and technology.
Get account information, renew items and more by dialing our automated phone service Shelf Help at 410-494-9063. Have your library card number ready.
Once the message starts:
- Press 1 for library account information and access to renewing items. You can check your account for any overdue items, fees due, items checked out and holds
- Press 2 for library hours
- Press 3 for current library announcements and holiday closings
Language Line Service
Library staff have access to over-the-phone interpreters or translators in over 140 languages to help any customers who may not be fluent in English. Please call or visit any of our branches.