Help others explore, learn, create and connect. Join our dedicated, diverse team who make a difference by:
- Delivering exceptional customer experiences
- Establishing meaningful partnerships
- Developing innovative learning environments
- Creating inviting library spaces
Our work environment is inclusive, collaborative and engaging. View our job opportunities below.
|Job Title||Location||Employment Type||Closing Date|
|Librarian II||Multiple Locations||Full-Time||August 4, 2021|
|Circulation Assistant II||Multiple Locations||Part-Time||August 3, 2021|
|Circulation Assistant III||Multiple Locations||Full-Time||August 9, 2021|
|Assistant Library Manager II||Pikesville||Full-Time||August 9, 2021|
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted through our online career portal. Select a job from the list above to begin.
If you're a new applicant, you'll be asked to create an account at the end of the application questionnaire. If you're a returning applicant or a current employee, log in to your existing account now.
The online application requires you to upload a resume and cover letter as a single document, so have that ready before you begin. You will then complete an application questionnaire.
Full-time library employees are eligible for the following benefits:
Paid Time Off
- Vacation: 20 days per year
- Sick Leave: 15 days per year
- Personal Leave: 7 days per year
- Holidays: 9.5 days per year
Subsidized Medical Insurance Coverage Option
- Cigna Open Access Plus
- Cigna Open Access In-Network
- Kaiser Permanente Select HMO
- Subsidized Prescription Insurance Coverage
- Subsidized Dental Insurance Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health Care and Dependent Care Expenses
- Membership in the Maryland State Teachers' Pension System or the Baltimore County Employees' Retirement System. Eligibility is based upon employment position. Both programs have a 10-year vesting period and require a 7 percent payroll deduction
- Deferred Compensation Program: A 457 plan and/or Roth IRA administered by Nationwide Retirement Solutions (NRS) that allows employees to contribute pre-tax money into a self-directed retirement savings plan. An employer match is not provided
- Subsidized Basic Term Life Insurance for Individual: Able to purchase supplemental insurance for spouse and dependents
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Professional Association Memberships: Eligibility is based upon employment position
- Educational Assistance Program: Financial support to pursue educational goals through degree programs, professional certification programs and job-related college level courses. Approval based on availability of funds and benefit to public library service
- Subsidized Parking in the Towson Garage for staff who work in Administrative Offices or the Towson Branch. Free parking at all other branches
- Baltimore County Employees Federal Credit Union: Eligible for membership
Part-time staff members that work on average 12 hours a week are eligible for sick and safe leave as required by the Maryland Healthy Working Families Act.
The accrual for eligible part-time staff will begin on the date of hire and is accrued at a rate of .0333 hours of leave per hour worked, with an annual accrual of 40 hours.
Baltimore County Public Library only accepts applications and resumes for posted job opportunities. This ensures that each applicant is interested in the specific position vacancy and that their application or resume is current. Job opportunities are posted on this webpage as they become available. Check back frequently and submit a separate application for any new opportunities you may be interested in.
Baltimore County Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
If you need assistance with the application process, call the Human Resources Department at 410-887-6177. Deaf or hearing or speech impaired or TTY users can reach the department through Maryland Relay.