Help others explore, learn, create and connect. Join our dedicated, diverse team who make a difference by:
- Delivering exceptional customer experiences
- Establishing meaningful partnerships
- Developing innovative learning environments
- Creating inviting library spaces
Our work environment is inclusive, collaborative and engaging. View our job opportunities below.
|Job Title||Location||Employment Type||Closing Date|
|Part-time Librarian||North Point Branch||Part-Time||June 28, 2018|
|Circulation Assistant II||White Marsh Branch||Part-Time||June 28, 2018|
|Circulation Assistant II||Parkville Branch||Part-Time||June 25, 2018|
|Circulation Assistant IV||Perry Hall Branch||Full-Time||July 9, 2018|
|Branch Manager II||Owings Mills Branch||Full-Time||July 5, 2018|
|Librarian II||Owings Mills and Towson Branches||Full-Time||July 3, 2018|
How to Apply
Prepare your resume and cover letter as instructed in the job announcement. Applicants must submit all documents in PDF format. Microsoft Word documents are not accepted.
To submit your application, email firstname.lastname@example.org and attach your completed application and other documents. Please indicate in the subject line the position and location you are applying for.
Full-time library employees are eligible for the following benefits:
Paid Time Off
- Vacation: 20 days per year
- Sick Leave: 15 days per year
- Personal Leave: 7 days per year
- Holidays: 9.5 days per year
Subsidized Medical Insurance Coverage Option
- Cigna Open Access Plus
- Cigna Open Access In-Network
- Kaiser Permanente Select HMO
- Subsidized Prescription Insurance Coverage
- Subsidized Dental Insurance Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health Care and Dependent Care Expenses
- Membership in the Maryland State Teachers' Pension System or the Baltimore County Employees' Retirement System. Eligibility is based upon employment position. Both programs have a 10-year vesting period and require a 7 percent payroll deduction
- Deferred Compensation Program: A 457 plan and/or Roth IRA administered by Nationwide Retirement Solutions (NRS) that allows employees to contribute pre-tax money into a self-directed retirement savings plan. An employer match is not provided
- Subsidized Basic Term Life Insurance for Individual: Able to purchase supplemental insurance for spouse and dependents
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Professional Association Memberships: Eligibility is based upon employment position
- Educational Assistance Program: Financial support to pursue educational goals through degree programs, professional certification programs and job-related college level courses. Approval based on availability of funds and benefit to public library service
- Subsidized Parking in the Towson Garage for staff who work in Administrative Offices or the Towson Branch. Free parking at all other branches
- Baltimore County Employees Federal Credit Union: Eligible for membership
Pending current legislation
Baltimore County Public Library only accepts applications and resumes for posted job opportunities. This ensures that each applicant is interested in the specific position vacancy and that their application or resume is current. Job opportunities are posted on this webpage as they become available. Check back frequently and submit a separate application for any new opportunities you may be interested in.
Baltimore County Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
If you need assistance with the application process, call the Human Resources Department at 410-887-6177. Deaf or hearing or speech impaired or TTY users can reach the department through Maryland Relay.