Technology for Loan
Borrow Chromebooks and other e-devices that you can use in a branch, at home or on the go.
Chromebook laptop computers with preinstalled software are available for checkout. Features include:
- Touch screen with flip-stand; also lays flat like a tablet
- Two USB ports and one HDMI port
- Neoprene sleeve and a charger
- High definition webcam and microphone
- SD card reader
Request a Chromebook
Search the catalog for a Chromebook and place a hold request. You will be notified when it is available for pickup at your branch.
Keep in mind:
- A signed Borrowing Policy and Agreement (PDF) from an adult 18 years or older is required for check out.
- External or cloud storage only (flash drives, external hard drives, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.).
- Printer drivers cannot be installed. You may not be able to print from a home printer, unless it is WiFi enabled.
- Chrome operating system only. Wireless printing in the library is unavailable.
- Return to any branch's Service Desk and have a staff member check it in. Chromebooks cannot be returned through a book drop.
Playaways are battery-operated listening devices that come pre-loaded with an audiobook. Batteries and earbuds are not included but are available for purchase at any branch.
Playaway Launchpads are rechargeable tablets for children that are preloaded with high quality, ad-free learning apps grouped by age- and grade-level. Playaway Launchpads are available at all branches.
Request a Playaway Launchpad
Search the catalog for a Playaway Launchpad and place a hold request. You will be notified when it is available for pickup at your branch.