Ask a Librarian
Whether you need help finding a meeting room or downloading an e-book, our librarians are here to help you.
Chat With a Librarian
You can now speak directly with Library staff, with our new chat feature during the following hours:
- Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sunday, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Now available virtually through video chat or phone. Get one-on-one personal assistance with My Librarian, a free 60-minute online reference session with a Baltimore County Public Library librarian. Help with setting up an email account, downloading e-books, job search assistance, using Microsoft Office, and more. To schedule an appointment, please fill out this form or call any branch location. A staff member will contact you within two business days to schedule an appointment.
In-person appointments at the branches are not currently available.
Get account information, renew items and more by dialing our automated phone service Shelf Help at 410-494-9063. Have your library card number ready.
Once the message starts:
- Press 1 for library account information and access to renewing items. You can check your account for any overdue items, fees due, items checked out and holds
- Press 2 for library hours
- Press 3 for current library announcements and holiday closings
Language Line Service
Library staff have access to over-the-phone interpreters or translators in over 140 languages to help any customers who may not be fluent in English. Please call or visit any of our branches.