2018 Reading Challenge
Read a new book in a different category each month. Post a photo of your book selection on social media with #BWellRead and be entered to win a $25 gift card.
- January: Read a book that was made into a movie
- February: Read a book written by a person of color
- March: Read a book with a one-word title
- April: Read a memoir or biography about a person who doesn’t look like you
- May: Read a book recommended by a friend
- June: Read a book about music
- July: Read a book set in a cold climate
- August: Read a book that teaches you something new
- September: Read a book you’ve always meant to read
- October: Read a creepy book
- November: Read a book you’ve heard nothing about
- December: Read a short story
Print or download the 2018 Reading Challenge Checklist (PDF) to track your progress month-by-month.
To submit your entry, visit Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and post or tweet a photo of yourself holding the book you have chosen to read for the current month of the 2018 Baltimore County Public Library Reading Challenge with #BWellRead. Camera-shy participants may post a photograph of the book they’ve chosen.
The photo and hashtag will together be referred to as an "entry." Photos must be in a format compatible with Facebook, Twitter or Instagram file format and size restrictions. Unlimited entries are permitted during the promotion, but only one prize will be awarded per account.
Entries must be received by 4 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on the last business day of each month to be eligible for consideration. No correspondence about entries will be entered into, nor will entries be acknowledged as received. If all required information is not included, entry will be disqualified. The library is not responsible for late or incomplete entries.
By entering this promotion, the entrant gives his/her consent for the library to use photo for promotional and marketing purposes.
Two $25 Amazon gifts cards will be given away each month from January through December 2018. Winners will be randomly chosen at 5 p.m. on the last business day of each month.
- Eligibility: Anyone 18 years of age or older may enter to win. Employees of Baltimore County Public Library and their immediate family (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses or step of each) and household members of such employees are not eligible.
- Timing: The promotion starts at 9 a.m. ET on January 1, 2018 and ends at 5 p.m. ET on December 31, 2018.
- Notification: Winners will be notified via social media by the library. Arrangements must be made to pick up gift cards at one of our branches or at the Administrative Offices located at 320 York Road, Towson, Maryland 21204.