Find Massive Black Friday Savings at the Library
November 17, 2023 | By Baltimore County Public Library
It seems like each year we start to see the Black Friday/Cyber Monday ads earlier and earlier. So, it is only fitting that we drop our promotion early too. This Black Friday (and year-round) you can enjoy the library 100 percent free—all you need is a Baltimore County Public Library card. We know, it’s pretty hard to top, but this year we have! In honor of our 75th anniversary, we are also holding a giveaway contest to win a diamond necklace courtesy of Smyth Jewelers.
Seven Ways to Save Big
- Books, DVDs, Video Games and More—This may sound obvious, but we have more than 1.2 million items in our physical collection. The more you check out, the more you save! Next time you check out an item, look to the bottom of your receipt and it will tell you how much you’ve saved this year by visiting the library.
- Digital Library—We love our digital library because it offers you instant access to thousands of books, graphic novels, TV shows, movies, magazines and newspapers. Start saving now with our e-card.
- Library of Things—Want to host a game night? We have the supplies. Try out pickleball? No problem, we have the sets. Explore our Library of Things to see what “nonbook” items you can find. We also think this collection is a great way to try things out before you buy it or borrow an item that would normally be used once and then done.
- Hotspots and Chromebooks—These are a part of our Library of Things, but they deserve their own shoutout! This is perfect for people on the go or those who want an extra device to get work done without paying hundreds for the equipment. It is important to note this is only available for customers 18 and older.
- Programs—We truly have something for everyone—from our youngest customers to the young at heart. Whether you’re into crafting, technology, gaming, books, writing, finance or something else, we invite you to check out our events page. All programming is free to attend.
- Mango Languages—If learning a new language is on your 2023 bucket list, we have the tools you need to start. Mango has more than 70 languages to learn. It can cost $17.99 a month for this access on your own, or free with a library card.
- Tutoring Help—Save big with our tutoring help. Through our research databases, you can receive tailored help with writing, math and science, as well as prepare for the ACT, SAT, GRE and more.
But Wait, There’s More
In the spirit of gifts and saving big, we are giving away diamond pendant necklaces courtesy of Smyth Jewelers to three customers. From Monday, November 20 through Monday, November 27, anyone 18 and older who checks out a physical item from one of our branches is entered to win. Your odds of winning are based on the number of qualifying participants.
Anyone with a current Baltimore County Public Library card and fulfills the checkout requirement is eligible to win. Employees of Baltimore County Public Library and the immediate family (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses or step of each) and household members of such employees are not eligible. Students who use their student account identification are also not eligible to win.
The contest starts at 9 a.m. eastern time (ET) on Monday, November 20, and ends at 7:59 p.m. ET on Monday, November 27.
Three winners will be notified via email by Baltimore County Public Library on Friday, December 1. Winners need to make arrangements with the library's marketing department to pick up their prize at the branch of their choice.
By entering this promotion, the entrant gives their consent for Baltimore County Public Library to publish the story on its website and use their name for promotional and marketing purposes.
Today’s Hottest Picks
Skip the store. Find some of today’s hottest finds at the library.
There are many opportunities to explore, learn, create and connect at our branches. We invite you to come "be all in" and experience all the library has to offer. It truly is the best deal ever!