Library Internet Access Expanded Outside of Branches
April 20, 2020 | By Baltimore County Public Library
As Baltimore County continues to identify ways to assist residents during the COVID-19 pandemic, County Executive Johnny Olszewski today announced new exterior WiFi resources at Baltimore County Public Library branches, to support students and other residents without internet access.
Access free WiFi in the parking lots of these 10 library branch locations across the County:
- Catonsville, 1100 Frederick Road, 21228
- Essex, 1110 Eastern Boulevard, 21221
- Hereford, 16940 York Road, 21111
- Lansdowne, 500 3rd Avenue, 21227
- North Point, 1716 Merritt Boulevard, 21222
- Randallstown, 8604 Liberty Road, 21133
- Rosedale, 6105 Kenwood Avenue, 21237
- Towson , 320 York Road, 21204
- White Marsh, 8133 Sandpiper Circle, 21236
- Woodlawn, 1811 Woodlawn Drive, 21207
Residents are required to remain in their vehicles or otherwise adhere to all social distancing guidelines. These requirements are strictly enforced.
“Access to the internet is critical, not just for work and homework, but also for our residents’ personal lives—checking in on friends and families is important to everyone right now,” said Baltimore County Public Library Director Paula Miller. “Our internet usage within our buildings is typically very high, so we know that there are many residents who may not have access at home. We are thrilled with this solution that enables us to utilize our parking lots to continue to provide internet service.”