2020 #BWELLREAD Reading Challenge Kicks Off
January 07, 2020 | By Baltimore County Public Library
Baltimore County Public Library, in partnership with Baltimore Style and WBAL-TV, is challenging readers to explore new topics, formats, authors and genres with the 2020 #BWELLREAD Reading Challenge.
About the 12 Challenges
The library’s collection development team has compiled a list of 12 challenges that will get even the most ardent bibliophile out of their literary comfort zone. Try it yourself, with your children or share with a friend or book club! Need guidance or recommendations? Our library staff is always happy to help.
- January—Read the first book in a series.
- February—Forget romance, read a science fiction or mystery book!
- March—Read a book set in another country.
- April—Read a memoir by someone who has had to overcome adversity.
- May—Read a book with the word "and" in the title.
- June—Read a classic fairy tale retold for teens or adults.
- July—Read a book with a one-word title.
- August—Read a biography of an artist, author or musician.
- September—Read something from the 800s section.
- October—Read a book featured on our New Next Week blog.
- November—Read a book that has your favorite color on the cover.
- December—Read something included in a “Year-End, Best-Of” list.
Share What You're Reading
Each month, post a photo of the book you’re reading on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter that corresponds with the current challenge and tag it with #BWELLREAD.
Win Prizes for Participating
Two winners will be chosen at random on the last day of the month (or the first weekday if it falls on a weekend) and receive $25 Amazon gift cards. Don’t forget to make the post public so we can see it!
Category: Collection and Materials