Tickets On Sale for A Toast Among Ghosts
September 08, 2019 | By Baltimore County Public Library
The Foundation for Baltimore County Public Library invites you to join Edgar Allan Poe on Saturday, September 28, from 7 to 10 p.m.at the Reisterstown Branch for its fifth annual "A Toast Among Ghosts," a spooky night of fun, food and beer in a historic cemetery.
The Reisterstown Branch was formerly the Franklin Academy, where in 1831, Edgar Allan Poe applied to be the headmaster. He wasn't selected, but maybe it's time Poe returned to one of his old haunts. Poe died in Baltimore on October 7, 1849.
To honor his life and legacy, we're remembering the anniversary of his death in a macabre way he'd truly appreciate...in a graveyard! Chat with Poe among the graves and make a toast among ghosts!
The event will feature:
- Live music by all-new, local bands Waylon K. Smith, Wanderlight and Fablelore
- New food vendors
- Beer and wine
- Famed Edgar Allan Poe impersonator David Keltz (found, appropriately enough, in the graveyard)
- Hair-raising ghost stories around a fire pit
- Haunted tours through the historic Reisterstown Community Cemetery (established 1764)
General admission tickets are $20 in advance or $30 at the door.
Save time and avoid the drink ticket lines with VIP tickets, available while supplies last, for $40. There are limited VIP tickets available, so get them while you can. VIP tickets come with a swag bag that includes:
- A commemorative pint glass
- A brand new exclusive Edgar Allan Poe print featuring artwork from a Baltimore County Public Library librarian
- Two drink tickets
This is a 21 and up event. Drink tickets are $5 each at the event and must be purchased at the drink ticket tables. Adult beverages can only be purchased with drink tickets. No payment is accepted at the wine or beer booths.
Category: Programming and Events