Library Services for Small Businesses
October 28, 2019 | By Baltimore County Public Library
Baltimore County Public Library has a variety of resources, programs and events that entrepreneurs can utilize to grow their small business!
Attend one of our programs to learn more about essential business concepts and connect with business professionals on strategies for success.
- Entrepreneur Academy is an ongoing series for entrepreneurs who are considering starting a business or who wish to further their small business. Business professionals address how to write a business plan, conduct market research, accounting and taxes, and financing and business strategies.
- Networking nights provide opportunities to learn about the importance of networking, improve your skills and network with other small business owners in the area.
- Small Business Counseling programs allow entrepreneurs to meet with an adviser for an hour to discuss questions and concerns. Advisers can assist with developing a business plan, marketing, loan preparation and minority business enterprise.
The library offers a number of services to all cardholders. Visit us in person and gain access to a number of tools to help further your business.
- 3D printing services allow entrepreneurs to test out prototypes without breaking the bank. Submit a 3D print request form with your proposed design and designate the branch where you wish to pick up your prototype. The library will then review your design to ensure it complies with 3D printing policies, and email you the estimated price and completion date.
- Conference and small-group study rooms are available at most branches for team discussion and individual planning.
- Notary services are available at the Essex branch. All full-time staff are certified notaries public and can sign as witnesses for legal documents.
- Free public computers and WiFi in all branches. All computers are equipped with Microsoft Office Suite 2013.
- Print, copy and fax documents from your personal device or our public computers.
The library has books for entrepreneurs and business owners in a variety of formats.
This year, Baltimore County Public Library is supporting Small Business Saturday by hosting Pop-up Shops at three of our branches on Saturday, November 30, and we have openings for vendors.
Register to participate at the Hereford Branch, North Point Branch or Woodlawn Branch locations.
If you prefer to work from the comfort of your own home or travel for work, explore our resources that can be accessed or utilized in any location!
- Business databases can be accessed by logging in with your library card. Most notable among these is ReferenceUSA, an essential tool for conducting market research and competitive analysis. This database provides a host of information on American and Canadian businesses, including demographics, sales volume, product lines and corporate structure.
- Chromebooks are available for loan. These devices have an HD webcam and microphone, USB ports and an SD card reader.
Category: Collection and Materials